Dad just passed away. I am executor. Where do I begin?
The passing of a loved one is the most painful ordeal. After the initial grieving, the family faces the reality of the financial burden and accounting issues. We, at U&A, can alleviate the nightmare of the financial affairs of a deceased relative. We will work together with your estate attorney to plan the administration of Dad’s estate.
Urbach & Avraham can help you with the Estate Administration–
Our services range from:
- Locating Dad’s assets
- Filing the final income tax returns
- Reviewing prior years’ income tax returns
- Resolving open tax issues with the IRS, NJ and other states
- Transferring assets from Dad’s name to his estate
- Filing the required US and NJ Estate and Inheritance Tax Returns
- Filing the required US and NJ Fiduciary Income Tax Returns
- Preparing an accounting of the estate for the Court and beneficiaries
- Requesting life insurance proceeds
- Handling retirement accounts
- Valuing Dad’s business interests
- Protect/insure/manage assets until distributed to beneficiaries
- Allocation and distribution of assets to beneficiaries
Please call for a free consultation to see how we handle the administration of your relative’s estate and relieve you of the burden. Delegating the estate administration to professionals makes the complicated process very efficient and less stressful.